DemDaily: Organizing Corps 2020!
March 21, 2019
In partnership with seven state parties, 270 Strategies and The Collective PAC, the Democratic National Committee has launched
Organizing Corps 2020, an effort to recruit, train and place students in the 2020 presidential election.
Please read and pass this information on to your colleagues, friends and relatives who may know potential candidates.
Rolling admissions began March 18th and will close April 8, 2019.
This is a very cool pipeline program for organizing and development of our future political stars and leaders -- and they get paid!
The Low Down: Organizing Corps 2020's summer, 2019 program is an on-the-ground political training run by campaign veterans, and focused on the art and science of being a field organizer in a presidential election.
* The eight-week program will kick off with a five-day national training on field, digital organizing and data analytics skills.
* For the remaining seven weeks, with the help of a coach, corp members will return to their campuses and communities to put their new political skills to work.
* In the process, corp members will build a powerful network of like-minded peers and mentors from across the country, and
* Earn $4,000 while experiencing the exciting and rewarding field of campaign work!
The training period runs from June 10, 2019 to August 2, 2019. Afterwards, corps graduates will receive direct support in applying and transitioning to the 2020 presidential election.
Organizing Corps 2020 will recruit students from seven states where Democrats fell short in 2016 and that are crucial in providing a pathway to victory in the 2020 presidential.
The program will be implemented in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin - focusing on students from communities of color who have been traditionally underrepresented among political campaign staff.
The Organizing Corps is designed for current juniors and/or those expecting to complete college by June, 2020 and who:
* Can commit 35 hours a week from Tuesday-Saturday,
11am-6pm, with some Sundays
* Will be 18 years of age on or before June 10, 2019
* Be legally eligible to work in the United States
* Have fluency in spoken and written English
* Reside in and/or have housing in Organizing Corps' 11 cities
Forward this on to a student you know, and help them become
a part of building the kind of America we all can believe in.
It is their future we are fighting for, and in their voice, their vote, and their leadership, lies the future of the Democratic party.
DemList will keep you informed.
Connecting you to The Party
Connecting you to Each Other
DemList is a daily political column and resource dedicated to informing, educating and connecting the Democratic family to the players, politics and the issues. SignUp!